Sunday 19 November 2017

False Frustration

بِسْمِ اللهِ الرَّحْمنِ الرَّحِيمِ
Hi people!

I've been in relationship with my significant other for 4 years and few months, I think. We started off as friends and after school, things started to look serious and I decided to give it a go since I felt like I was big enough to handle feelings and emotional problems. LOL. He's amazing and very understanding. I was lucky enough to have him but is he lucky to have me? Kahkah. I'm dramatic and I tend to run away during fights. It's not nice and I am always scolded for this kind of attitude.

Anyway, we once had a terrible fight because I felt neglected and ignored. Hahaha I know it's stupid but it sure did not feel stupid at that time. I was being a bit dramatic but he understood me way too much, he saw and expected everything beforehand. Danggg. After almost an hour, we both came to a decision that we should talk. WhatsApp was not enough as our texts could be read in the wrong or different intonation and of course, will lead to many more misunderstandings.

So I called him. Since I always pour my heart out, I asked him if he ever felt frustrated or disappointed with me. I wanted him to be honest with me. So he said, yes. My heart broke but I knew that I had to know what did I do wrong so I could change myself for us. I asked him to list things that frustrate him about me, one by one.

He started with cactus. He asked me if I remember about the cactus he bought me? I said yes. It was the first gift after we confessed to each each other and such a bizarre one too. I never had a plant as a gift before so of course, I was very happy with that. I asked what about that cactus and us that disappointed him? He said, how could I leave that cactus behind when he went to Cameron Highland just to buy me that very cactus? I was dumbfounded. And then I laughed.

Because I still had that freaking cactus with me! I changed the pot once and bought new compost twice. I WENT THROUGH ALL THE HUSTLE TO BRING THAT CACTUS HOME FROM KELANA JAYA. Imagine guys, taking home a thorny growing cactus in a bus from Kelana Jaya. I laughed some more because actually guys, he was the one who left the cactus behind. He finished his foundation study at UiTM and just forgot about that cactus when he was packing for home.

He stunned and seriously asking if I was being serious. I said yes. I brought that cactus home. It survived for two years before it got wilted because of the inconsistent weather in my hometown. I said I could show pictures of that cactus if he wanted to see it. Then he laughed nervously and said sorry because he didn't remember leaving his cactus. Well, forgetting about that cactus is understandable but from where did he get the idea that I'm the one leaving the cactus behind? SMH.

This whole situation really made me realise that men are really forgetful. But mine is worrying. He's forgetful and tend to plant new and FALSE memory in his head. God, please save him and his terrible memory. Anyway, I had a good laugh that night and I could feel all the frustration went away. It's crucial to talk to each other when you have problems, not talking about each other with some other people. This is his philosophy by the way.

Anyway, be it your family, boyfriend, fiancee and of course, your friends - ALWAYS CHERISH THEM. I am not really blessed in the look department lol, but God send me loads of good friends. I have people who keep supporting me through thick and thin. Sure, we fought, we made fun of each other and hurl vocal abuses when we had the chances to, yet I'm really thankful for everyone in my life. I have lost some of friends throughout the years of not keeping in touch with them and of course, because of myself but people I have around me now are people who I want to keep forever. ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

Okay that's it. I got geli with myself for being so cheesy. Yikes!
That's all.

Thanks for reading! and for being my friends too!


No comments: