Tuesday 5 November 2019

Invalid Dreams

بِسْمِ اللهِ الرَّحْمنِ الرَّحِيمِ
Hi pipels.
Few days ago, I stumbled upon a tweet questioning why certain people dream of getting married early. Why these people can't see bigger picture like trying to polish their talents, try to be multimillionaire or something. Well... I am not proud of this but in my younger years, I used to think that way. I don't see why marriage should be a dream. I mean, sure it's nice to have someone by your side through your ups and downs, having beautiful children and grow old together. But, why just that? Why can't you DREAM BIGGER? Now I am 24, I feel like slapping the life out of the old me or in lovely Ganu words - lepang bia mapuh.
So, yeah. I used to think that way. Until I watched one K-drama and it hit me right where it supposed to - my ego, my so called big dream, my self-centered beliefs. I screen capped the moments that changed my views on dreams.  
 Honestly, the last frame made me feel not so great about myself or to be frank, I feel like a total asshole. I realised that at some points, I may have thought becoming a successful independent woman is wayyyy better than getting married early, settling down, have babies and grow old with the love of my life. This is where I believe many of us went wrong with dreams or life goals.

You see my friends, dreams or life goals are exclusive to that particular person. We could not and should never measure people's dreams. Each of us views life differently. While some think that getting married is everything, some may never think about having a partner. And, you know what? Both dreams, both goals are valid and fine as they are. If you feel like having a husband or wife at such early age is great, go ahead. Achieve it. It's awesome. If you feel like not getting married until you are rich or successful enough, amazing! Do it. Turn it into reality.

What we tend to overlook is there is no one ultimate dream (except stepping into syurga straightaway). You dream differently, I dream differently, she dreams differently, he dreams differently. But does that make one less than another? Umm, no. And whatever your dreams are, it's okay, it's amazing. What not okay is when we push our dreams on another. We forced people to view their dreams are less significant than ours because we thought so. Now, that's not okay. It is never okay to feel your dream is bigger than other's just because you thought so.

Imagine, you are very proud with your dreams of owning a property somewhere in KL, earning more than 20k per month, travelling the world and eating at expensive restaurants. Now, you tell your dream to someone and she scoffs at your dreams, calling it small or insignificant. How would you feel? You see, just because we feel our dream is meaningful to us, doesn't make it as meaningful for others. Hence, never ever question or even worse, belittle the dreams of other people.

In short, just respect people's dreams even if you don't feel that such thing should not be dream of because hey, it's someone else's dreams. Why you sibuk sibuk want to criticise? If you have that much time, you should go work on your dreams. This is of course, a reminder to myself too. We should never sibuk sibuk in someone else's life okay? Let's live our own lives, respect others and work on our dreams.

I shall end my ramble here because I wanna go make some money because that's my dream. I want to make a lot of money LOL kidding. I just want to have enough to live okay? Now, pray together with me - Siti Nurbazilah binti Abu Hassan will never run out of money and always have enough to live. Aamiin.

Thanks for praying for me, guys! Haha.
See you when I feel like rambling again.

2 comments:

Aisyah said...

yep, masa tgk cerita ni rasa amazed sebab dream kita berbeza & dream yg berbeza tu yg buatkan kita unik

Syadiya Khairul said...

boleh layan nanti ni. hehe btw saya follow sini #277 mind followback if free ya :)

https://sayesyadiya.blogspot.com/