Tuesday 7 December 2021

Timing In Life

بِسْمِ اللهِ الرَّحْمنِ الرَّحِيمِ

This is a post I kept as draft for so long, Tuhan je tahu lama mana terperuk dalam draft bin. So, if you see any words like yesterday, a few days back, do know that the word actually means few months back. Publishing it now because I want my blog to have some life. Thanks.

Hi people,

I haven't ramble for so long. Mainly because I don't have enough time and also, as usual, I'm lazy to write. Yesterday, I chatted with one of my friends, Nadhirah. She asked one question: 

If you are still not married when you reach 30 and you are happy with your life, would you continue living so or would you look for a husband?

My answer was: I don't set any age limit to get married. If at certain age I feel like getting married, then I will look for a husband. If I meet someone who loves me, can accept myself and family (vice versa) and blah blah blah all the criteria, why not get married? But no, this post is not about marriage lol.

I think back then, growing up, almost everything that I was taught about revolves around age. Like what age to finish study, what age to start working, what age to get married, what age to achieve this, what age to achieve that. It was not bad. It helps you to see your goals clearer and motivates you to work your ass off to achieve those goals. 

I myself, also used to set goal in life based on age. When I was in school, if people ask me what age is appropriate to get married, I always said 27 year old. But now that I am older, I feel like there is no appropriate age to achieving something in life. If you got your degree at 30, it is still an accomplishment. If you buy your first house at 50, it is still an accomplishment. I just feel like whatever you do in life should not be set by age.

Also, have you ever thought of how people view age? There's no fix point to view it. You see, when someone got married at 35, they are old. They have to rush to have kids. But if a 35 year old person died, he or she is too young. I don't think people would say 'Ohhhhh, they should have rushed buat pahala masa umur 30 haritu now dead already.' That would be rude, right? Using the same concept, it would be rude to tell people they have to rush in other things too. Except rush to perform solat after azan, that one good rush ehek #donedakwah

So my point is, do not let age limit you. Your achievement in life, does not matter your age at the time you achieve it, it is still an achievement. Your achievement is as valid, as amazing, as great, as terrific, AND NOT LATE. I also don't know how many times I have to emphasise, but everyone's journey is different. We all want different thing and we all work differently. So, why expect same result?

And oh, age might be limiting us in some aspects. Like once I hit 25, I can no longer be out after 10pm because the next day I will have runny nose and feel tired. But did I let my age defeat me? No. I still go out at night and come back late. I will just have to take some panadols and plenty of rest LOL. 

Anyway people, live your life. Be grateful. Be inspired by other's success but never feel pressed like you are running out of time to achieve your dreams. 

Bye and thanks for reading!

2 comments:

Littlexme said...

just go with the flow and do not rush things :D

Bazilah Abu Hassan said...

@littlexme true!