Sunday 18 August 2019

Attitude... It's Always Attitude

بِسْمِ اللهِ الرَّحْمنِ الرَّحِيمِ
Some cringy quotes but it's true.
Peeps. I was really furious few days back when I heard someone said stuff along the line of "Memang la dia jahat, dia buat .... (insert horrible stuff you'd hate people do unto you). Tapi dia cantik." Sis, sorry. I don't give one gram of care about how people looks. It's always attitude, always! If you do shit to me, you are shit. If you are nice to me, you are nice. Your face, your look, your body has nothing to do with your attitude.
I know that lot of people really love fair skin and pretty people. I got it. Some people rely heavily on visual. Their preferences depend on how things/people looks. But what I don't get is -- why you let all that facade, the things you are seeing, undermine the quality of that individual? So what if she/he got dark skin? What's wrong with not looking pretty like those in the magazine or on Instagram and Twitter? Why does everything always, always has to do with looks?

I was never one of the pretty girls. Back in school, I had several encounters where boys would use my name to joke around with other boys. Like telling their boy friend that I like him. It was like an insult  to the boy as I was not pretty (still am, lol). I was angry. I thought that boy was thinking too highly of himself that he took the joke seriously and looked down on me. I even made jokes about how he looks and how dare he thought that I would like him for how his face. Although I made that remarks because I was angry, I realised that I too for a moment became like them. I judged their look. And I don't want to be that kind of person anymore. I was 13 at that moment and I told myself repeatedly that looks don't matter. It was my attempt to console myself hahah but it changed me for the better. At least now I don't really care how people look. XD

I feel like it was such a waste of talent, ability and skills when people started to judge other people on their appearances. Hey, I know that appearance is important but to me, as long as you dress neatly and accordingly, you are pretty and handsome. And I always find that the kinder the people, the more beautiful or handsome they appear. But, I really don't get it. I know few people who say things like "Tak lawa, tapi dia baik lah" or "Boleh tahan, sayangnya gelap." And the same people would say, "Takpelah dia cerah" or ''Hei perangai teruk, nasib baik lawa." EXCUSE ME PEOPLE? Why the judgement always have to include appearance or looks? Why can't you see beyond that? Why can't we appreciate the sincere smiles, the way they talk, the jokes and they aura they radiate? Or better, their talents, their skills, their abilities. And oh, if their attitude sucks, they sucks. No pretty or handsome face can save that. Periodt.

Literally me when people use appearance to judge people.
I have lot of friends whose look might not be up for the social standard of beauty but well, they look pretty and lovely everyday, effortlessly. Looking at such people, I believe that when you are happy, you are kind, you made people around you feel at ease with you, you will definitely look prettier and glowing-er than ever. So, be happy, be kind people. You don't have to ridicule yourself for not looking like those pretty girls or handsome guys on social media. Be you. You by far, is the nicest version of yourself. Though I know that the world won't work the way I hope, I will forever believe in good attitude makes you look better.

Andddd, we are going to hit 2020 very soon and I really hope this culture of degrading or looking down on people because of their looks would extinct sooner than that. But if you ever read about Halo Effects, you might understand why this culture would be hard to be eliminated. Sad, innit? Truth is, the world will never stop judging you by how you look.  But just try your best to never think about how people look and see beyond that. :) Because believe me, when you stop judging people by how they look, you won't give a damn when people comment on how you look and random people commenting on strangers' looks won't matter anymore. You won't be affected.

Anyway, thank for reading! And remember, beautiful heart makes you beautiful.

1 comment:

Zac said...

Yes attitude is all what we care about in the end of the days. I have a friend with profesional and good service attitude in his work in painting renovations. Call him as he would be more than happy to help.