Saturday 10 October 2020

Because I Feel Like Rambling

بِسْمِ اللهِ الرَّحْمنِ الرَّحِيمِ

Hi people,

So I have always thought that I am a person who likes to stay at home. But, recently, the number of COVID-19 cases spiked again and I was asked by my very caring HOD to work from home as I am commuting using public transport. The first day was okay, bearable. The days after that, not so much. I like to stick to my routine of going to work in the morning. Now that I don't have to go to work at 7.30 am, my routine is messed up. I even become more lazy and kind of sluggish which I really hate. So now I guess I enjoy not being home as well.

I like my train ride to and from work. I like the fact that I can stop by NU Sentral, spend time in MPH, browsing through the books and maybe grab some food before I go home. Now that I'm working from home, if I were to visit the mall, it will defeat the purpose of staying home to keep myself safe, right? I am trying to steer my head and heart to view this working from home as something positive and I should be grateful that my boss is so nice that she thinks of my safety (and my other colleagues too). And maybe I should start doing some workouts early in the morning so that I won't feel as sluggish. See, actually the lazy issue is because of myself, not because of working from home. Wow sendiri merungut, sendiri muhasabah. Wow.

Anyway, because working from home allows me to be in my bed longer than usual, I started to spend more time on YouTube. I am not that big of a user of YouTube but somehow, I stumbled upon this one channel called, Good Mythical Morning and boyyyyy, the current level of my GMM (the acronym for that channel) is not healthy in anyway. But, the show is so fun and I love the duo, Rhett and Link!



They did all sort of challenges and I think my favourite is "Where in The World .... Come From?" where they eat food from all over the world and then they guess the country origin of that food by throwing a dart onto the map. It's hilarious, it's silly, it's entertaining! Also, their episodes where they taste all Cheesecake Factory's cakes and Ben & Jerry's ice creams somehow made me craving for cakes and ice creams.

I am currently browsing through Season 17 and I have watched most of the episodes where they eat something. I watch them while cooking, I watch them while eating, I even watching them while flossing my teeth and oil cleansing my face. I hope this is just a phase because my jaw is about to fall off anytime now because I laugh too much. I honestly like their jokes (for their videos I have watched). They don't do offensive jokes, you know unlike some comedians who need to use sex or race or religion to make jokes. Like I always say, if you need to use sex, race or religion in a negative way to make jokes, you are not funny. Periodddddttttt

But these two guys are funny. I love their remarks, I love how creative and original the show is and although some of the contents are too weird (for me), I could still accept the jokes. Stumbling upon this show could be the best thing that happens during my working from home period (which is like 7 days now hahaha). 

Anyway, I know I should be grateful to be able to have the chance of working from home while some people need to take risk and still go to work. So, I won't complain anymore. Instead, I will take this working from home as a blessing where I can spend my time watching this show and read my books! Yes let's do that instead of whining like an ungrateful brat.

Okay, I rambled long enough. Thanks for reading and till next time.Stay safe, everyone!

1 comment:

Jason said...

Same here. I keep reminding myself that I am fortunate to have a job as painting contractor kl. Let's appreciate what we have together.