Wednesday 24 January 2018

Blogging 101: Tracking Your Blog Views

بِسْمِ اللهِ الرَّحْمنِ الرَّحِيمِ

Hi people!
It's been so long since I last updated my blog. I have finished my first semester and is now waiting for my result which I am really nervous about. Pheww. Anyway, there are loads of lovely people asking me to design their blogs and I realised that most of them are really new to blogging (not like I'm that pro but I know a thing or two). So, I am going to have a new section where I will give step by step instructions to basic skills of blogging. Again, I'm not a pro so what I will be posting in this section will be the most basic thing to some of you out there.
So, one of the famous questions is how to track your blog views? Of course, when you write you will be very excited to know who are reading, how many people are reading, innit? You can track them simply by following these steps.
1. Overview Page
Log in to your blogger account. See the left sidebar? Focus on the rectangle options with number 1. Then you can see all the numbers and stats. In the rectangle number 2, you can see the summary for your blog views. Now, we don't want to live in a dream forever, right? Makanya, clicklah dekat option nombor 3 yang bergaris merah itu.
 2. Your Own Page View
Dalam petak merah tu, ada option tick/untick. So, sila tick that tiny little square. Why? Because, if you choose to track your own pageviews, you'll never know for real how many readers you actually have. Yelah, kadang kadang suka bukak baca blog sendiri. So bila tak track view kita sendiri, kita tak dapat the real number for readers' views sebab dah bercampur dengan view kita sendiri. 
That's for the overview. Now if you want to check the views for each of your post, follow these steps.
 3. View for Each Post
Again, left sidebar. Click posts. So akan display segala post yang kita pernah publish and belum publish. Focus in that red rectangle 2. Ada balloon talk punya shape, mata and date. So, the balloon talk is for comment. Nombor yang dekat sebelah shape tu indicate how many comments you have for that post. Yang bentuk mata tu, indicate views. Number kat sebelah tu indicate post views. 
So, basically that's it for How To Track Your Blog Views. I'll be posting more of this kind of posts because it's a whole lot easier for me to let people to directly read this tutorial rather than explaining the steps to every single people who are asking through whatsapp which can be read wrong. To make it short, I am actually lazy hahah. Now by posting this kind of posts can relive my blog in some ways. LOL #desperateforideas.
Okay, that's it people! Any questions or ideas on what to write, let me know. 
Thanks for reading and have a good day! :)

No comments: