Wednesday 3 April 2019

Review: Lave Republic Shampoo + Conditioner Bar

بِسْمِ اللهِ الرَّحْمنِ الرَّحِيمِ
Peeps, I'm feeling a bit motivated to write. Okay, I lie. I'm running away from writing my thesis actually. In order to neglect my responsibility, I decided to write a review on new shampoo bar I have tried this year. I always have issues with my hair and the shampoo I use, like there's no ending to this problem. My hair condition does not get better, and I got lazier to put more effort. In the end, I will just simply buy things that I think suitable to be put on top of my head and smell nice. That's a shampoo for me. It was not a good decision, but heyyy, choosing a good shampoo hasn't reward me with any better hair. So, might as well simply put anything up there.
However, I stumbled upon an Instagram account named laverepublic earlier this year and I have been eyeing their shampoo and conditioner bars. They claimed that they use natural ingredients and so what not for their products. I am a sucker for things like that. There is a 90% possibility that I will buy things that are organic or natural or handmade. Plus, their mission is to reduce plastic waste. That's why their shampoo and conditioner are in the shape of bars, not in a bottle! 
You know that plastic waste is the main culprit of our sea creatures' death right? Like they eat it and then, their stomach became so full with plastic that will never decomposed and then they cannot eat anymore and then they die. Poor babies. So yeah, I decided to start using less plastic and try the shampoo and conditioner bars as one of my effort to do so.
I bought mine from their website that has no delivery charge for purchase above RM25. Crazy good deal! I bought the 'Good Hair Day Essentials Starter Set' because ermmm it's essential? Honestly, I want the comb. The gorgeous wooden comb. You'll see how gorgeous it is. Wait.
It came in a box like this! The delivery was pretty fast. Placed my order or Monday morning and received the parcel next day evening. so 5/5 for shipping and delivery.
'Good Hair Day Essentials Starter Set' offers these three items. One shampoo bar, one conditioner bar and one wooden comb. Cost me RM39.50 for a set which is cheaper compare to buying the item individually which would be RM45. 
LAVE Republic offers 5 types of shampoo bars. I don't have dandruff problems (thank God, I have enough problems with my weight) yet I chose 'Dandruff-Who Shampoo Bar' because it helps with itchy scalp. And boy, this shampoo bar is amazing!! My scalp doesn't itch as often and I like the smell of it. And I thought that it wouldn't lather up like the normal liquid shampoo but it lathers up like crazy! I like it! It smells of lavender, peppermint and rosemary because those are the main ingredients. I like how the smell actually made my bathroom smells better hahaha. 
Their conditioner came in the shape of square bar. It doesn't lather up like the shampoo bar, of course. It made your hair smooth and silky. For those who has never tried shampoo without SLS and other harmful chemicals, you hair would feel a bit rough but I guarantee, the conditioner will make your hair as smooth as baby's bum. I don't understand myself either why I use anti dandruff shampoo with anti hair fall conditioner but well, it doesn't make me go bald yet, so okay lah kot. 
This is the comb, guys! It reminds me so much of the Southern Water Tribe comb in Avatar The Last Airbender sooooo I chose this one. There are three types of wooden hair comb to be choose,  depending on your hair length. So sturdy, so nice, and with the set, it became so cheap! This comb is RM15 on its own (still cheaper than the average good wooden hair combs' price) and with the set, it's even cheaper.
So tadaaaa. Three of them! If you really really care about producing less waste, you can request for 'naked' bars which means, your shampoo and conditioner bars will be delivered without the wrapping. I love our environment and really want to produce less waste but I like them not naked for now. Maybe I'll try the naked request after this. Maybe. Haha.
I was a bit too excited so I didn't take picture of the items without the wrapping. I immediately took my shower and tried them. But here, an image I took from their website showing the naked products. 
If you're interested to buy, you can go to their website or visit their Instagram account. And oh, the bars last like a bottle of normal liquid shampoo. I have been using it since February and I could say that I only use like 1/5 of the round shampoo bar. I estimate that I will have to buy a new one in May or early June. Let's see. So, if you're thinking to change your shampoo or hair care, I suggest you try this awesome bars. Or, you can check out what else Lave Republic can offer you. They made pretty awesome soaps and scrubs too.
That's all from me, the girl who ran away from writing thesis.
Thanks for reading! 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That sounds interesting!

Unknown said...

But their shampoo contains SLS unfortunately :(