Thursday 2 April 2020

Day 1: 10 Things That Make Me Happy

بِسْمِ اللهِ الرَّحْمنِ الرَّحِيمِ

Happy Thursday, people!
First day for the writing challenge and I woke up feeling eager to switch on my laptop and start rambling. Halah first day boleh ah. We'll see if I will wake up with the same gusto on Day 5 hahah. So, as per the list I shared with you people yesterday, the first idea is to write about 10 things that make me happy. Easy people, easy. 'Sko. 

1. Family
Several months old me, with the fans.
Typical answer. But, really. I am at my happiest when I'm with my family. And some people, they just bonded so well with me that I upgraded them as my family hahaha. When I was younger, I had always dreamt of living independently. Now that I am older, I realised that in whatever situations, family is the only thing that I can rely on and can go back to, anytime I want. Although my younger siblings are annoying as hell and my older sisters are irritating, I would still donate my organs if they need one. But no, I won't allow them to touch my books or borrow my stuff (though I know my sisters will just take it anyway. taik.)

2. Books
The heaviest box when I moved out from Cheras

I love books, I love reading. My mother is the biggest influence on me in reading. She reads while waiting her sambal to be done, before sleeping, after cooking and whenever she feels like reading. I slowly pick up the books she reads and as years passed, books naturally become my best companion. I usually have one with me wherever I go, especially when I'm riding trains or bus or car. Books are just perfect in every single way ah gittew.

3. Baju Kurung
Especially cotton one. I don't know why, but baju kurung makes me happy. Some of my friends call me crazy when they know I wear baju kurung, even when I'm home doing nothing. I guess it's because baju kurung is so comfortable so I end up making it my everyday wear. 

4. Spicy food

Ayam penyet, masak lemak cili api, ayam gepuk pak gembus - AHHHHH heaven! There's nothing better than nasi plus sambal pedas or kuah pedas pedas paired with soft crispy chicken. Dapnyehhhh! I can eat nasi ayam penyet for two weeks straight and I can say the only reason I will stop eating after 14 days is because duit habis gais. Otherwise, can eat until Izrail comes take me away.

5. The sky
Have you ever looked up at the sky and you go "ya Allahhhhh cantiknya langit!". That's me in the morning, afternoon and evening. My phone gallery is filled up with pictures of the sky. Lemme share some with you so you will be happy too. 

 




6. Cooking for other people
I am not a good cook tapi saja lah I want to acah acah good cook. Hahah. My friend Miyah who was also my housemate had to eat whatever I cook. Poor girl. She's basically tikus makmal to my cooking. Another tikus makmal I have are Ain and Bibi hahaha. It makes me happy when I know people I care about will not go hungry and had something to eat, even if my cooking is not that great. :P
Puding roti to welcome Yana and Ira coming to my house.
Budu bash to celebrate New Year with Syah and Miyah

Udang masak lemak cili api, pajeri nenas and ikan kering. I tried making pajeri nenas for the first time and it tasted nice that Miyah and I ended up cooking pajeri nenas for three days straight haha!
Learnt to cook laksa sarawak from Loles and I always serve this to people haha

7. Chocolate
 

I bet chocolate makes everyone happy. For me, chocolate is a must-have item in my grocery list. Apalah maknanya peti ais tanpa coklat. I would at least buy a Cadbury if there is no good dark chocolate around, or when I need something crispier but still chocolatey, I would go for Kinder Bueno or Kit Kat. Scientifically, chocolate triggers your brain to release the same hormone like you are in love. Why find a boyfriend when you can eat chocolate? *cry in diabetes*

8. Handwritten cards
I am a sucker for handwritten cards or notes. Even if you gave me a simple good morning note on a tissue, I will keep it. HAHAHAAH. I always feel like people who put effort to write you something are really lovely. I'll share with you people, cards from my sekolah rendah and notes on tissues I kept because they all made me happy haha

Birthday cards and postcards. Some from 2003.
Kad raya from my primary school years.
Random notes and letters, some on tissue paper. Hahah

9. Listening to songs on the train or bus
Time time gini I can fefeeling like I'm in a music video puihhh tipu je. But it does put a smile on my face. It's therapeutic for me and I feel like I think better this way. The longer the trip, the better. Tapi kalau trip yang sepatutnya sekejap and become long sebab traffic jammed, itu bala, bukan better ye gais. I always had my mp3 with me. Been using the same mp3 dari tahun 2015 kot. Hahah. mp3 is nice sebab it's small and the battery last long. No hassle.

10. Watching good movies or TV series
You all would be happy too if the movies you watch are all good and nice kan kan kan? My favourite movie is The Shawshank Redemption. Anyway, have you ever watched movie that really sucks? I remember watching The Mist with Bibso and Tiq. The ending made us so frustrated that we all went to bed not talking and woke up the next morning feeling all bitter! Hahaha I hate it sepenuh hati jiwa raga. So if you don't want to sleep feeling frustrated, watch good ones!

I guess these are the 10 things that make me happy. While making this list, I sort of realised that what truly makes me happy are usually the small mundane things in life. I guess that's how it is. It's always the little things that made up one's happiness. What are your 10 things that make you happy?

Thanks for reading!
Let's pray that I can keep writing hahaha.

 

No comments: