Friday 3 April 2020

Day 2: You're Lucky

بِسْمِ اللهِ الرَّحْمنِ الرَّحِيمِ

Heyyyy, I come back on the second day of the writing challenge! *proud face*. Today is the 17th day of RMO. For now, I haven't feel bored yet. So many things to be done. I have tried making dalgona coffee, kuih bakar, kuih lapis, butter cake and my stupid sis, she made maggi tomyam kicap. I'm thinking of calling police on her but she's not really a normal human, so I don't want to harm the police. Anyway, there are lot of things to be done during RMO and aside from my translation job, I'm taking this writing challenge. So, here goes Day 2 - write something that someone told you about yourself that you never forget.

Well, I've been told a lot of things about myself by many people, but I will always remember what my close friend, Anum said to me. We were in The Grand Sofo at that time, talking with the rest of the housemates about life challenges and Anum told me "Kak Ba, Kak Ba ni bertuoh kang. Dok rajin ada masalah. Happy je sokmo." I think I just smiled at the comment but deep down, I reflected myself and I found my Anum was indeed right. I am lucky, I have very little problems and I am usually happy.

Her remark was short but thanks to her, I become more grateful, appreciative and I face challenges better. The comment also made me realise, that while I'm complaining about my life and hardships, other people see my life as smooth and easy. And it got me thinking, 'maybe it's just me whining. Maybe life is not as hard as I thought it was. Other people have it harsher.' And that really slap me in the face, making me more grateful than ever. After all, have you ever heard of the saying, 'what you take for granted, someone else is praying for'?


Anum's remark about me stuck with me until this very day and as I got older and less stupid, I now know that what I used to call luck are all blessings and rezeki and for that, I can only thank The Almighty. So, take a step back, look at your life and count the blessings. I actually looked back at my life and analysed every thing that happened, trying to understand how people could see me as lucky and eventually, I found the answers. My life and every thing that came into it, every thing I achieved, every thing I owned, they are all Allah's blessings and I am really lucky, or maybe, I should say I am blessed, truly. And so are you.

You too are blessed with endless rezeki. You just haven't realised it, yet.

Thanks for reading!

No comments: